Exports iTunes-playlists to Youtube.
Small wizard developed for own use that
- loads iTunes library-xml
- let’s the user to choose a playlist
- searches for most recent corresponding songs on YouTube
- creates a private playlist of those songs with an logged in YouTube-account
Check out directly my GitHub repository.
Feel free to ask me any question or feature 🙂
1) You can choose one of your iTunes-library playlists.
2) After that the playlist will be processed. For each song, the best YouTube-video will be selected
3) You can choose either to get an iframe-list of YouTube-songs that can be pasted easily in your blog for example, or to generate a playlist for your YouTube-account.
Instructions & Hints
- Currently ITunes2YoutubeExplorer is far away from meeting usual apps-standards. Unfortunately and due to lack of time.
- The tool comes with no warranty and you have to build the tool on your own
- The tool uses ItunesLibraryParser that you can find on http://sourceforge.net/projects/ituneslibparser I’ve also forked the project to https://github.com/andremotz/ItunesLibraryParser
- The tool uses JavaFX. While developing the tool I’ve used Oracle Java-SE 1.7. Java-SE 1.7 has the problem that jfxrt.jar needs to be put on the project’s classpath extra.
- Don’t hesitate to contact me for any build-hints or if you made a fork of the app.
- You need to update the .property and .json file with your own Google-credentials
- When running the tool for the first time, Java’s console will print out an unique Google-link that will grant access for the tool to your YouTube-account. You have to paste this link in your browser and grant access for the tool. After that the process will continue
To be updated 😉
- Scrolling through the list of playlists sometimes throws some JavaFX-exceptions on my MacBook Air but not on my iMac… -> TODO: modern ExceptionHandling 8-)I
- If YouToube does not find any video, a test-screen video will be listed instead -> TODO: Remove ugly & dirty fix…
- After uploading the private YouTube-playlist, UI close-button does not work
Features in mind (but not enough time…)
- User-friendly build
- Automatic forward in system-browser to grant acces for the tool
- When generating of private playlist was successful -> tell that the user instead of showing a blank screen
- Generating playlist in an async-task (so the tool wont block the interface)